Women Under Forty Political Action Committee is in a growth period. We’re currently redesigning our logo and website, as well as incorporating a more robust social media outreach plan to engage more women under forty to get involved in the political process, run for office, fill out the WUFPAC endorsement application, plus to increase WUFPAC donations – both online and in the mail.
Our three most important things that equal a home run for us are an increase in WUFPAC endorsement applications, an increase in online donations, and an easy to use CMS.
Additionally, WUFPAC is looking for a website redesign with the following:
- Easy to use CMS, potentially NationBuilder, but all other options will be considered
- Aggregates all social media outlets
- Combines “latest news” with our blog in a catch-all “WUFPAC Spotlight” section
- Has an online non-partisan donation feature
- Email sign-up
- Easy to access endorsement application (possibly a tab of its own)
- Lists our Board of Directors and their contact information (email, phone, social media)
- Google Analytics
The primary visitors to our site are potential female candidates and their campaign managers/consultants. We want to additionally drive more contributors to the site.
Proposed Sitemap Overview
- Home Page
- Link to Endorsement Application (application button)
- Link to Donate (donate button)
- Social Media Feeds & Links
- WUFPAC Spotlight Feed
- Contact info
- Current endorsed candidates
- Previously endorsed candidates
- Endorsement Application
- WUFPAC Spotlight
- Contact (which can also be at the footer of each page to eliminate a tab)
Scope of Work
Please include the following in the following in your proposal:
- Project management
- Visual design
- Search engine optimization
- Front-end coding (HTML/CSS, animations)
- Back-end coding (CMS, 3rd party APIs)
- Custom software or app development
- Responsive design for desktop/laptop/tablet/mobile
- Software training
- Analytics Software
- Ongoing Support / Retainer
- Timeline for Completion
As a nonpartisan PAC, WUFPAC needs a nonpartisan online donation feature.
Content Management Software
NationBuilder is preferable, but other CMSs will be considered.
We are currently hosted by Network Solutions and use Word Press as our backend. Please include hosting capabilities and pricing.
How many visitors are still on old browsers, such as Internet Explorer 8 (released March 2009)? Do they need to be supported? To make a website perform or display in a legacy browser almost always requires additional development time.
- eBlasts: WUFPAC currently uses Constant Contact, but other services are being considered for email blasts. All recommendations will be considered.
- Social Media: Our website will need the ability to integrate with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
WUFPAC would like to keep the budget between $2,500-$3,250.
We would like to have the site live by November 2015. A detailed timeline will be developed upon final vendor selection on August 17th, 2015.
Criteria for Selection
Vendors will be selected based on cost for the entire site re-design and previous work.
Format & Proposal Details
All firms are asked to list their firm’s capabilities, experience working with PACs and women’s organizations, principle staff and support staff members working with the account (and the qualifications) and a client list.
Please include website design process and timeline, CMS and potential CMS training, standard approval process, standard testing process across browsers and interfaces, examples of similar work with links to each site, any subcontractors and their fees for service.
In addition, please highlight any senior women working at your firm.
All proposals must be complete or they will not be considered. Please send completed proposals to: Cartney McCracken, firstname.lastname@example.org.